Loving the vintage vibe!

Here's where I'll share my obsession with vintage fabric! It's taking over my house!

I'll sharing with you my favorite fabrics, my 'adventures" in dressmaking using vintage patterns, some home furnishing ideas and no doubt I'll be telling you about any exciting finds! Love to hear about your vintage adventures too!

My first Shop was AudreysCat ( online shop May 2010) and you'll still find me making Cushions under that name, My newer shops WittyDawn , arrived Jan 2014 to accomodate a renewal of my interest in Art so this year will see a slight change in direction!
I hope you'll have time to browse my shops too !

Monday, 28 July 2014

A bit addicted to making things with this 60s pattern

With it being a lovely hot summer and with holidays coming up I've been making some things for myself with some vintage fabrics from my stash.

This pattern has been perfect ! suits me and pretty easy too - also great when trying to 'stretch' a small amount of fabric to get a complete garment as the panels in it make mixing fabrics very easy.

SO far I've made myself 4 dresses and 3 tops ( only one shown) with this reissued Simplicity pattern so it has proved to be great value for money :)

If you want to venture into making your own vintage style clothes I'd recommend this one. You will need to know how to insert a zip but there are lots of great online tutorials showing a variety of techniques.

I have adapted it slightly to use bias binding ( in some cases bought but often bias binding I have made) as I like the contrast.

You might be interested to know that the green/white one is made from charity shop/gifted table clothes - total cost with zip was less that ten  pounds!

Monday, 30 June 2014

25% sale on Vintage Fabric cushions ( LAST DAY - shoulda told you b4 ... opps)

A bit of a DOH! moment here - I forgot to BLOG that I had a 25% off deal going on my AudreysCat vintage fabric cushions through out June


However you still have time to pop over .... look at these ones  ! prices on some of these  are STILL  £15 to £16.50  bargain eh?

OBVIOUSLY I've been a bit of a DUH brain so if you quote "BLOGDUHBRAIN" with your order I will apply 25% offer up to/including Friday 4th July
 - offer EXCLUDES custom made cushions
-  offer EXCLUDES cushions already reduced in my 25% off section
-  ONLY applies to my AudreysCat shop on Folksy and not WittyDawn cushions.

Hope you pop in for a look :)

Wednesday, 25 June 2014

Facebook is not working for me !

I believe I have got the "white screen of death' on facebook ! This is as far as I get ....

Can't access anything OR even get as far as reporting I have a problem because Facebook is ... quite frankly RUBBISH ... if you have to report an issue ! I can't even get 'report a problem' to start ...

So apologies if anyone thinks I'm ignoring them - if you need to get a message to me , leave a comment here or contact me via any of my shops or twitter  https://twitter.com/wittydawnuk


Wednesday, 11 June 2014

Mum's gone to Iceland ... with the rest of the family

So Family Witt went to Iceland... and it was blumming marvellous ...!

We liked :.....Arriving to a stunning airport (Kevlavik)  in driving wind and rain, wide open views, the hospitality, waterfalls, geysirs, volcanoes,  lupins growing wild by beaches with black volcanic sand, the 'whoop whoop' bird outside our lodge and it NEVER getting dark, Ponies EVERYWHERE, immaculately maintained roads/paths/'tourist' attractions etc. Oh and the spas - how we LOVED the spa's and 'hot pots' we had our own a our lodge 'hot pot' fed directly by thermally heated water. Great coffee everywhere, NO PARKING FEES!, Kids getting in either free or much reduced rates everywhere, those yummy Icelandic donuts,  My OH absolutely loved his new camera that's for sure.

OK , it's kinda windy and drizzly but as hardy folks who dress for the conditions that doesn't matter! An example is a walk we did up a mountain to get to a hot river .... wet weather gear required whilst walking  and swimsuits for bathing in the river ...you gotta be prepared for anything :)

 I miss Iceland...I miss the space and the skies and openess to the mountains and volcanoes on the horizon ... it's almost TOO lush back here in the UK!

Piccies of Reykjavik in my next post :)